Monday, February 20, 2012

The Epiphany.

I love cooking. Baking. I could keep doing this forever. This is what i realized at 4am on a Wednesday morning when i was waiting for the oven to making that amazing ringing sound. The kind that means 'victory'. While i was taking out the last batch of the 97 cupcakes that i'd been making for the last 6-7 hours, I thought to myself "i finished it". It was the first time i'd finished doing ANYTHING. Anything. The first time that i didn't wanna say "sigh, I'm bored now". And it was the most wonderful feeling. The feeling that i want again.

While the whole baking-waiting was going on, I was watching Julie & Julia. Which was very apt by the way. That's when i started thinking. That's when i started realizing. And here I am. Blogging about food. Blogging about the most precious gift i have. The talent i have. The love i have, which has been realized pretty recently actually. Two years back, I liked baking. I liked cooking. And now, there's nothing else i wanna do. Thank you, the brave almighty. For the brilliant realization.

First task: French cooking.

No comments:

Post a Comment