Saturday, April 28, 2012

Memphis Style Barbecue.

I'm sorrrrryyyyy. I've been a little lazy lately. Exams and shit.
Anyhow, I'M BACK!! With something I've never tried before. Memphis Style BBQ chicken. It is BLOODY BRILLIANT. Mine could use just a little bit more salt, though. Here's the recipe that I used..

Ingredients:
1/4 cup paprika
1 tbsp. brown sugar
1 tbsp. white sugar
1 tbsp. kosher salt
1 1/2 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
1 tsp. cayenne
1 tsp. dry mustard
1 tsp. garlic powder
1 tsp. onion powder

Nothing to do actually. Just mix everything together and put it on your chicken. This could work well with ribs too. I didn't have Cayenne pepper, garlic powder and onion powder. So I used fresh garlic and onion instead (And didn't use any Cayenne at all!)

Proportions:
1 tsp. onion powder = 1/3 cup of chopped onion
1 tsp. garlic powder = 8 medium sized cloves of garlic

I just put everything in the processor with two tbsp. of water and blend it all together. Supposed to be a dry rub, but, what the heck!
Also, I made it at home on a pan grill. Worked as good as a coal grill.

ENJOY!




5 comments: